The integrity of our customers is important for Escape Stories, we therefore respect your privacy and comply under the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act.
Escape Stories may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
For questions regarding privacy and data protection, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT WE COLLECT
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Contact information such as name and email address
- Demographic information such as postcode
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website.
This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services.
- We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us and when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of your visits to our Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
We may also collect so called “Non-personal data”, where we gather statistical and other analytical information collected on an aggregate basis of all visitors to our site. This Non-Personal Data comprises information that cannot be used to identify or contact you, such as demographic information regarding, for example, browser types and other anonymous statistical data involving the use of our website.
THE PURPOSE AND LEGAL BASIS FOR WHICH WE HOLD, PROCESS AND USE YOUR DATA
The legal basis for which we process and hold your personal information listed above is as follows:
As necessary for the performance of the contract between us to provide you with the products or services you requested would include:
- Operating our business
To operate, maintain, administrate, enhance and provide features of the products and to provide services and information that you request, to fulfill your purchase, to respond to comments and questions, and otherwise to provide support to customer.
- To contact you for administrative and informational purposes
This may include providing customer service or sending communications, including information about new products and updates to existing products and services, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies, or other information.
- Improve our products and services by giving us data that can be internally analyzed and audited.
- For marketing purposes, such as developing and providing promotional and advertising materials that may be useful, relevant, valuable or otherwise of interest.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR DATA
We disclose information that we collect in the following circumstances:
- To our employees, contractors, third party service providers, and affiliated organizations that need to know that information in order to process it on our behalf.
- To our advertising and marketing partners in order to promote our services and products, including joint marketing partners and affiliates.
- To a potential or actual acquirer, successor, or assignee as part of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
- We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOU PERSONAL INFORMATION
We keep your personal information for as long as they are needed in order to operate, maintain, administrate, enhance and to provide services and information that you request, to fulfill your purchase, to respond to comments and questions, and otherwise to provide support to customer. But we also keep your personal data for as long as the law demands us as to do so.
Escape Stories has also implemented routines for personal data removal and customers that are no longer wishing to be present in their systems, considered to be of relevance to the business or whose commitment has ceased. Otherwise personal information that is given to Escape Stories based on the customers consent has to be withdrawn/actively requested from the customer themselves in order to be removed from our marketing campaigns and other systems. Escape Stories will be handling this continuously to ensure that we do not process more personal information than we need and with those we do not have any fulfillments/or given consent with any more.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We will maintain appropriate administrative, physical, and technical safeguards for protection of the security, confidentiality and integrity of our products, services and related data
COMPLIANCE WITH THE LAW
We will disclose your Personal Information and the data we have collected on you when required to do so by law or subpoena or if we believe that such action is necessary to comply with the law and the reasonable requests of law enforcement or to protect the security or integrity of our services.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
- You are entitled to request information about the personal information we have saved about you at any time (free of charge once a year). However your request must be in writing and personally signed and include your contact details. This in order to ensure that we pass the information to the right person.
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
- Request that your personal information be deleted however we cannot always delete your data as public documents or when there is a statutory requirement for storage, such as accounting rules, or when there are other legitimate reasons why the data must be saved, such as unpaid debts.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select ”Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
When you visit our website, the following categories of cookies will be set in your browser:
Strictly necessary cookies
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around a site and use its features. Without these cookies services you have asked for cannot be provided.
Registered Visitor Cookie – A unique identifier given to each registered user, used to recognize you anonymously through your visit and when you return to the site.
These cookies collect information so that we can analyse how our visitors use our site. These cookies do not collect information that identifies you. All information these cookies collect is anonymous and is only used to improve how our site works.
These cookies allow websites and applications to remember choices you make (e.g., such as your user name or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features.
We may use information collected from functional cookies to identify user behaviour and to serve content based on the user profile. These cookies cannot track your browsing activity on other websites. They do not gather any information about you that could be used for advertising or to record where you’ve been on the Internet outside our site.
In order to keep our website services relevant, easy to use and up-to-date, we use web analytics services to help us understand how people use the site.
Cookies allow web analytics services to recognise your browser or device and, for example, identify whether you have visited our website before, what you have previously viewed or clicked on, and how you found us. The information is anonymous and only used for statistical purposes, and it helps us to analyse patterns of user activity and to develop a better user experience.
Third Party Applications/Tracking tools
We also use third party application/tracking tools to improve the performance and features of our website. These third party tracking tools are designed to collect only Non-Personal Information about your use of our website. However, you understand that such tools are created and managed by parties outside of our control. As such, we are not responsible for what information is actually captured by such third parties or how such third parties use and protect that information.
The data is collected to allow us to provide our services, as well as for the following purposes: Remarketing and Behavioral Targeting, Advertising, Analytics, Interaction with external social networks and platforms.
Detailed information on the processing of collected data
Personal data is collected for the following purposes and using the following services:
The services contained in this section enable the Owner to monitor and analyze web traffic and can be used to keep track of User behavior.
- Facebook Ads conversion tracking (Facebook)
- Bing Ads conversion tracking (Microsoft)
- Google AdWords conversion tracking (Google)
- Google Analytics (Google)
- Facebook Ads conversion tracking (Facebook)